Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Reading: the best thing my mom and I have in common

I have just finished one of Roald Dahl's best book book ever written-Matilda. I must say that I've run into this book several times in Booksale but didn't have the slightest inkling to buy it. Last Saturday though, I gave in to my instincts as soon as the book flayed in front of my nose and without a second's hesitation, I was holding it dearly in my arms together with two other good reads I have picked up in the book shop. And positively blissful to say that it was amazingly priced at ta da... Drum roll please... 45php! What an excellent bargain! Another Roald Dahl was staring back at me- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory which me have second thoughts. I decided to choose the former thinking that the book has had a motion picture out that my big bro have already seen on star movies. Of course I couldn't have forgotten the time he brother and I sat through that movie at home. Then, halfway through the movie, we were practically craving for chocolates staring dry-mouthed at Willie Wonka lead the children through his enormous chocolatey factory. We would have surely eaten up just about any chocolate there is any second then that even tootsie roll couldn't have been saved. But to no avail! So, that accounts my justification of not buying that Roald Dahl.
But what I really intend to tell you is the fabulous story of Matilda- a genius little grub who shared the same thing that I love-reading. Born to parents who shouldn't have parents made this star character of ours truly an extraordinary one. It is rather fascinating that in her young age of 4, she was not quite so feeble at all. She has practically devoured classic books, can do math with hardly a wink, and the most astounding thing of all, she's able to move things. The latter has been a precious skill to her that also saved the distraught Ms Honey, a kind lady teacher in the school where she goes. She has made a fantastic work of art out of her life through the people that she's read about and the wondrous things that she came across with while buried in books. However she came up with the brilliant idea of sticking glue on the inside rim of his father's hat, how she managed getting the blond dye in his father hair treatment gave me and my mom a good laugh.
My mom finished reading the book before I did and she loved it. Actually she finished it in half a day. I'll be coming back to booksale and get the books that I and my mom would enjoy... Roald Dahl- im falling madly in love with you. I'll surely get the other novels.

No comments:

Post a Comment